Skip to main content

Short & Sweet Post

Friday Quesadillas 
I'll admit, it was very difficult not making pizza on Friday night. We are so used to that routine that it took forever to decide what to make. We've gotten used to not having to think about it. In the end, we made quesadillas filled with sauteed onions, bell peppers, spinach, mushrooms, and a faux "chicken" substitute and Daiya Cheddar "Cheese."

I piled on the salsa and jalapenos and a dollop of soy yogurt. It wasn't pizza, but it was still pretty tasty.

Short and Sweet
(Heads up, this will be short today. Spending time with my sis and unplugging)

This morning I was scheduled to do weights, but we had to head about an hour away for my nephew's 4th birthday party. So, I chose to do about 35 minutes of Step Blast plus abs. I'll get back to the weights tomorrow. Honestly, it was easy to put them off because it's going to be the 3 sets of 18 reps done as supersets.

The birthday party was held at a place called Play-by-Play. Basically it was a giant play room for kids to go wild in with a 30-minute cake, ice cream, and present opening time frame. It was pure chaos! After the party, Jason stayed in town to go fishing with his dad. I rode back home with my sister for a sister day/night. 

We lounged on the patio for a while. Sweated to death is a more accurate description. It's definitely time to get the pool ready to use. It was in the mid 80's and high humidity. It was still nice to just sit out, soak up some rays, and chat. After the sweat fest, we headed out to hit up Target and Whole Foods. Sarah doesn't have either in her town, so it was a must do today. I won't complain of course. I can always find things I need at both locations.

Tonight we're making pizza and having some vino and pure girl time. I'll be sure to post pictures and more details tomorrow. 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I promise to be more exciting with posting tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Where's the pizza? Just kidding. Those quesadillas look great!

    Enjoy your sister time.

    talk to you later,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a GREAT time with your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what u mean.. especially since pizza is such a great friday night food!

    i love the name of that "Step Blast" .. workout vids always have the coolest names! seriously; a lot are quite hilarious too!

    omg yes, birthday partys can be such a chaos! i usually leave with a migraine haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a fab time with your sister today! You need the "unplugging" and relaxing ;) Enjoy and don't worry about us...hehe...we will be here waiting for you!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. heather, unplug my love, and dont apologize!!!! we all need downtime!!!!! from this crazy over-plugged in world, totally :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have fun with your sister today! Although I know you will because any day involving Whole Foods is guaranteed to be fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee, quesadillas aren't too far away from pizzas! They're both flat and have melted cheeeeeese...mmm...

    Have a great time, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 23, 2010

    lol...little kid parties are always so funny to me :-)

    vino + pure girl time + pizza sounds AMAZING! Hope you had a great day and night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Alicia @ Vegan Epicurean !!

    Tricia @ Endurance Isn't Only Physical Exactly ;-)

    Thanks
    Holly @ Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices that's usually a given LOL

    Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel I had never thought about the DVD titles. You're right though!

    Kris @ iheartwellness Thanks girl! Sometimes it's nice to unplug for a bit.

    Averie @ Loves Veggies and Yoga You are so right. I think we're all a little too plugged in sometimes.

    Chelsea @ The Healthy Munchkin Yep, a WF trip definitely isn't a bad way to spend part of the day.

    Sophia @ Burp & Slurp You make a very valid point!

    Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg The kids were hyped up like little whirlwinds. Yep, vino, sister time, and pizza all equal a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 23, 2010

    I love that you unplugged this weekend too!! Hope you had a blast with your sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing like vino and girl time!! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.