Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday: How Jason & I Met

Much Needed Rest
So three mornings of waking up close to 5 am and getting in my workouts totally caught up with me. I was exhausted yesterday. I did not set my alarm early this morning. However, in the back of my delusional brain, I thought that if I automatically woke up early enough, I would at least get in my chest and back workout. Instead, I slept soundly, only waking up once during the night (which may as well be like sleeping for 8 straight hours for me). Apparently I needed the rest.

So, today will be my rest day, and I'll get back to it tomorrow feeling refreshed and ready to go (or that's the plan).

Fun Facts Friday - How Jason and I Met
I always feel like my Friday posts are super short since I typically don't post workouts or dinner. You already know that it'll likely be Pizza Friday unless my sister requests that for dinner tomorrow (she's supposed to be coming and staying the night). I don't really have any exciting plans to talk about other than some more pool time (hopefully with sis as I just mentioned.

Anyway, sometimes short posts are ok though right? Certainly beats inane rambling just to fill space. Like I told Averie, sometimes my posts might be boring and lame because sometimes I'm kinda boring and lame ;-) But that's endearing right?

I usually have all sorts of ideas for Fun Facts Friday posts. Today, I was stumped. But, I finally figured it out. In one week Jason and I will be celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary. I thought it might be fun to share how we met (in facts form of course).

How it all started:
  • We both grew up in the same town but attended different schools (same year though) and didn't know each other.
  • I knew and partied with his sister though.
  • Jason took Akido from my ex-boyfriend's father (frightening).
  • We met in our current town in February 1995 because my sister needed a navigator to take her to a party where her then-boyfriend would be (it was me, Sarah, and another friend).
  • It was not love at first sight. 
  • Our friend actually decided she liked Jason and told me, "You can get whoever you want so stay away from him." Me: all attitude, "Fine, I don't ever want to date another Jason again."
  • We ended up back at that same apartment over the next several weeks during which time Jason and I talked more and more - mostly because I was the last girl standing.
  • We ended up on spring break together in Panama City Beach, FL where we partied too hard but somehow ended up leaving more like a couple than friends (and no, nothing happened more than a kiss).
...and have been together ever since.

So, how did you meet your significant other? Love at first sight? Blind date? Do tell!

Comments

  1. Mike and I met on myspace... My mum and dad still think we met at a bar since I was too embarrassed to tell them at the time hehe!

    Congrats on your 10 year anniversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these stories! Tony and I met in college. We actually saw each other at the pool (he was shirtless and playing football in the pool - I was in a bikini with big boobs). We saw each other again in the hallway at school a couple days later and then he showed up with a group of friends at my apartment a few days after that. We started talking then and the rest is history! That was 1994 and we married in '95. I don't know if it was love at first sight, but lust definitely! He is such a cutie...how could I resist?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love stories of how each couples met. Its always exciting! Have a great Pizza Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww you guys sound like such a sweet, genuine couple! hard to find these days! Sadly, I dont have a significant anything...hence my stint on Millionaire Mathcmaker, but even that didnt work out. I should just give up and become a nun, even though I'm a Jew, LOL.
    And I dont know whats up with you and Averie thinking your posts are lame! you guys are always real and thats what I want to read! If I wanted hardcore literature, I'd go read Dickens or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the story of how you guys met! It's funny because when I first my husband he made no impression on me. Met again 2 years later and started dating without realising we'd met before! :P

    Hope you have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura @ Box Run Eat Haha, love it. Funny that saying meeting at a bar is better than myspace ;-)

    Sarena @ The Non-Dairy Queen LOL you totally crack me up. That's great!

    Lindsay @ Cotter Crunch It's always funny b/c it's usually not all googly eyes and heart thumping ;-)

    Eden's Eats Yes, you would make a great Jewish Yoga Teaching Chef Nun LOL ;-) I take what you're saying as a total compliment by the way. Thanks girl!!

    Sarah @ Gluten-free tries Vegan Oh wow, that's funny meeting once and not even realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say boring and lame IS endearing.

    This story wasn't boring, though - how fun. Love to read "how we met" stories. Funny that you added "nothing happened more than a kiss" because I automatically thought "woo-woo!"

    Ryan and I met in college, and after I realized I was wrong that he was probably a jerk (because he just looked "too cute" - he had this whole Jason Priestly hair coiff thing going on - you wouldn't know it now! ha!) we became practically best friends for 2 years. He adamantly did not want to date me, but then one night we held hands - and a little over a year later, we were married!

    And we would love to get together with you guys sometime, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny @ Vegan and So Forth Oh I hear you on looking too cute and assuming they must be jerks. Thanks for sharing your story! Love that you were friends first. We're pretty flexible most weekends so let me know when you guys are free and want to try to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh thats cute! i'm glad i didnt read "love at first sight!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute story about you and Jason. Thanks for sharing.

    I don't see the lame and boring, BTW. I love stopping here to see what you are up to.

    Dan and I met at work and I thought he was an arrogant ass. Obvious I changed my mind later LOL.

    talk to you later,
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! John and I met at a party, but we didn't really click until we went hiking together the next week. I only said yes because I really wanted someone to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kenzie @ A Healthy Purpose Nope, no lovey dovey, mushy gushy stories here ;-)

    Alicia @ Vegan Epicurean OK that totally cracks me up that you thought that about him ;-) And I appreciate that you stop by and also email!!

    Madeline @ Greens and Jeans Haha - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's funny... I have a Jason as well :) and I probably said the same thing- "I don't want another Jason"... I had dated one before and it was Crazy Bad. UGH.

    I was managing a building - old beautiful vintage walkup - and Jason wanted to rent an apartment. His appointment came and went, no show (which happened, I was unconcerned). I get to my office later and there's a message from him - I didn't answer the door buzz? Turns out it wasn't working :) I called and told him to come back - a meeting that generally took 30 minutes turned into 4 hours... talking talking talking! A few months later we were dating... and here we are - 6+ years later ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are endearing:) We can't be exciting all the time can we?

    Jon and I met on my first day of college, freshman year. There was a Campus Crusade for Christ event at our dorms, and he was one of the organizers. It wasn't love at first sight, but we did become fast friends. After a few months of hanging out constantly, I started falling head over heels in love with him. I kept it a secret from him for about 4 months, and then I just couldn't contain myself any longer, so I told him how I felt.

    And he rejected me:( It's funny now, but not so much then. Anyway, we stayed friends (and I was miserable) for another 6 months before something clicked and he finally saw me for the awesome girlfriend material that I was:) lol. We started dating, dated for 3 years and then got married! I still give him a hard time for being "too good for me."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dan and I met at a concert at a bar almost 6 years ago, through mutual friends. He actually showed up that night with his guy friend who was after me at the time. I wasn't interested in anyone at the time, I had JUST moved to town.

    It wasn't love at first sight. We started hanging out then and didn't start dating until 5 months later, been together ever since!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.