Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Pet Peeves

Friday Rambling
Oh we finally have some sunshine today. Sun + Friday + Rest Day = Great Day. Now if only I had been off work, oh the possibilities. Oh well, can't have it all right?

It always feels a bit odd to post on Fridays when I don't have a workout or recipe to share. I know that's not the only reason you all read of course, but you do get used to a format. I really don't feel like I have any spectacular insights today either. I'm sort of trying to talk myself off the proverbial ledge. I have to go to Dallas Sunday-Wednesday for work. Thankfully no flying is involved, but I just get stressed about my meals and not knowing if there will be any decent vegetarian options for me. Plus, plain and simple, I don't like to be away from home without the hubs. 

I don't know if the facility where we are attending the training has a break room or cafeteria (the contact has yet to reply back dang it). Anyway, the guys I'm going with are full-on meat eaters. Not thinking I can get them to hit up a vegetarian's dream like Spiral Diner (thanks Jenny for the suggestion).

I do plan on taking a cooler of food though. The guys let me pick the hotel, so I opted for one that had rooms with a fridge and microwave. Oh, and of course it has a gym. I'm really excited that this hotel actually has a fitness center with free weights - usually it's a machine or nothing at all. So, workouts will be on track if nothing else. We're staying near the Galleria Mall - so if any of you know of any great places to eat in that area, please please please share.

I know the advice from everyone will be to just relax and try to enjoy the trip. That's what I am going to try to do. I mean, who knows, maybe I'll stumble upon a great place to eat, plus we are close to a mall. So, maybe some shopping?

Fun Facts Friday - Pet Peeves
Some of you have noticed that I haven't been quite myself. I think we all go through lulls and rough patches though. We can't be sunshine and rainbows all the time right? Today's Fun Facts Friday was inspired by a recent post by Shannon @ The Daily Balance. It might sound a bit down - but it was a list of things she hates. Oh come on, we ALL have pet peeves and things that just get under our skins. So let's get real and vent a bit today with the Fun Facts Friday - Pet Peeves Addition.

1. Tailgaters - get off my freaking bumper. You make me want to slow down, not speed up. Besides, I am typically speeding myself so back the eff off. Especially if there is a car in front of me. Am I supposed to drive over them?

2. Office Manicures - coworkers, please stop trimming your nails at work. It's ok to repair a snagged or torn nail, but to sit and cut each and every nail once or twice a week???

3. Elevator Abusers
- folks, it's ok to exert some energy and take the stairs for a few flights. Please stop hogging the elevator to ride only one floor up or down (directed solely towards able-body individuals of course) when some of us have to get to the 10th floor. It really sucks to stop 9 times. 

4. Text Addicts
- please don't text while we're supposed to be having a conversation. To me, it's rude. It makes me feel like our conversation is unimportant. I think this is more of a generational thing. I see this more from my younger friends. I honestly don't think they see it as being rude at all. But I always try to give my full attention to the other persons or people I'm with.

Ok, I'm done. You're turn. What totally peeves you? Let it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.