Skip to main content

Home, Home Workout, Home Cooking

Made it Home
Well, we made it back safe and sound last night. It was a pretty good trip home actually. We talked pretty much the entire time, so that made time go by fairly quickly (or for me anyway). It was definitely nice to sleep in my own bed and shower in my own shower. It's amazing how much little things like that matter and you can miss them when away.

Home Workout
This morning my boss let us go in a little later, so I got up and got in my workouts around 7 am. In other words, I actually got to sleep in an extra 45 minutes AND get in my workouts before work. It was so nice to work out at home.

I did back today as a tri set of 3x10 then a superset of 2x16:

TS
Pullovers
Underhand rows
Single-arm rows

SS
Lat band pulldowns
Lower back extension on stability ball

I followed up the workout with Cathe's Low Impact Circuit and abs. It was a nice change of pace doing the step workout as opposed to running or one of the kickboxing/boxing DVDs. It was only about 72 degrees this morning, so I definitely contemplated a run, but I think my shoes are fairly shot and they're starting to hurt my calves and feet (and my calves never hurt from running). Definitely have to make it to the running store this weekend for some new kicks.

Back in My Kitchen
After work, I had time to make some Chikn' Seitan. I made some in larger patties again to either grill or to use with a gravy recipe that my friend Sarena @ The Non-Dairy Queen sent me. The rest of it, I cut into much thinner strips, that seemed to work out really well. Dinner tonight was just some veggie burgers I had made and stashed in the freezer with sweet potato "fries." I topped with a vegan "cheese," spinach, and red bell peppers.


I must share a really great story with you all; it includes pictures too (finally). It's a "You know you're the husband of a blogger" tale. While I was in Dallas for training, Jason was of course left to fend for himself. However, having worked in an upscale French restaurant, he's not inept at all in the kitchen. However, the first night he did indulge in a gluten- and dairy-free vegan Mac N' Cheese he picked up (and spruced up with veggies and such). But he actually pulled out a cookbook (The 30-Minute Vegan) and made a healthier Ramen Noodle recipe. He used the recipe in the book as a start and then added in extras. Even better, he took a picture! How awesome is that????



Commenting
I've gotten a few emails or direct messages on Twitter from friends saying that they are unable to comment. Please let me know if you're still having issues with commenting as well. I am not sure if it's a Blogger issue or Intense Debate (or both). I hope to find some time over the weekend (Sunday maybe) to try to get it fixed. Technology can be so frustrating can't it? But I'm working on it I promise (just slowly LOL). I know you guys understand and I appreciate that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.