Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - More Randomness

Tried and True
Well today was chest and then a run at lunch. Since I didn't have a spotter handy, I went with my tried and true (and DOMS inducing) superset of flyes into presses with pushups.

Wide-arm pushups - 24

Flat bench flyes into bench press - 3x8

Pushups with toes on bench - 2x8

Incline flyes into presses - 3x8

Pushups: 4 3:1 count, 4 1:3 count, 4 2:2 count

This seriously always gives me some major DOMS. It seems like it shouldn't somehow; I never feel completely shaky right after, but the next day...wow.

Terrific Run
It was another warm, sunny day here. But a cold (cooler) front is due to move through tonight and into tomorrow morning - bringing rain. I think it's supposed to move through quickly (it better because I'm planning to run tomorrow).

Jason promised me yesterday that he would run with me today at lunch, so I held him to it. I really and truly wanted just an easy run today. My last 2 runs were on the faster, tougher side. I need to make sure to balance those out. Oh, and my legs are still a bit sore from Wednesday's workout. 

It was a terrific run for me today. I felt like I could have just run all day. It was a bit warm, but the breeze was nice and the company even better. It's just gorgeous out. Not much beats time spent outside on a gorgeous day with the hubby. We got in 4.25 miles then had to call it quits (aka get our butts back to work). I sure hope tomorrow's longer run goes as smoothly.

Fun Facts Friday - More Randomness
I really couldn't come up with a theme for Fun Facts Friday. I just kept thinking of random things/facts here and there. So why not just go with that? That's how most of us think anyway...please tell me you do too. So here are some random facts and how one thought can lead to another:
  • No Pizza Friday today, but hope to get my pizza fix on Sunday.
  • Meeting 2 girlfriends for happy hour  - yay for girl time.
  • My sister is coming to stay with me tomorrow - yay for more girl time!
  • Being proud of my sister after receiving a text that she ran 3.4 miles today.
  • I sometimes get really nervous before I go for a run (not talking races, just out for a run).
  • I woke up around 2 am and was thinking about what I wanted to wear when I ran today and tomorrow.
  • I started obsessing around 2:30 am about which re-fueling option to take with me on my longer run tomorrow. I'll be solo so no spare set of hands or pockets.
  • I actually apologized to the cashier at the LImited for being on the phone with 1-800Contacts while trying to check out. They called right as I got to the register.
  • I think talking on the cell at the register is rude.
  • I think texting while visiting with your friends is rude (probably an age thing for me).
  • My birthday is coming up (speaking of age) and I need to learn to not get down about it. Find the positives right?
  • I think I think too much.

Ok, how does your mind work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.