Skip to main content

Weights, Boxing, Tailgating on a Gorgeous Saturday

Weights & Boxing
This morning I got up and did Cathe Friedrich's STS Meso 1 Disc 2 - Back and Triceps. I also did her MMA Boxing DVD after the weights. I was very disappointed to not be able to run as it turned out to be a gorgeous day. For the chinups and pullups, I had to use resistance tubing as I do not have a pullup option at home.


Lat pulldowns with band
Dumbbell Rows Both Arms
Dips on chair
Straddle Pushups Chinups
Seated Overhead Extensions One Arm (dumbbell)
One Arm Row (dumbbell)
T-Pull with band
Flat Bench Dumbbell
Triceps Extensions
Dumbbell Rows
Y's with band Kickbacks
One Arm (dumbbell)
One Arm Horizontal Row (dumbbell)
Deadlifts (dumbbell)
Close Grip Bench Press (dumbbell)
One Arm press Down with Band
Chinups
Seated Overhead Extensions Both Arms (dumbbell)
Dumbbell Rows
Double Arm Rows with Band
Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Extensions on Ball (dumbbell)
One Arm Row (dumbbell) Deadlifts (dumbbell)
Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell)
One Arm Band Kickbacks
Pullups
Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell)
Lat pulldowns with band
Side Lying One Arm Pushups
Superman on Floor Arms and Legs Elevated

Tailgating
After my workout, I got cleaned up and we headed over to War Memorial Stadium to do some tailgating for the Arkansas vs LSU game. I can't even describe what a beautiful day it turned out to be. It started off around 33 degrees, but quickly warmed up to about 60 degrees with not a cloud in the sky.
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a great time. We didn't have tickets to the game and neither did one other couple. Our friends who have the tailgating spot have a generator and hook up a tv. Big fail today...generator died just as those with tickets were heading to the game. Jason and I stuck around with our friends to keep them company for a bit, but then we ended up heading on home. Jason had the game recording so he was able to still watch from the beginning

Last night we did not get a  chance to make our own Thanksgiving dinner as planned, so while Jason is watching the game, that is what I will be up to (along with laundry and Christmas decorations). 

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.