Skip to main content

Good Days

Gluten-Free Pizza Hit
Pizza Friday was a big success. Sarah has officially declared that Bob's Red Meal Gluten-Free Pizza mix trumps the Bisquick hands down. I made it using the flax egg option so it was loaded with omega goodness too. This mix does make a lot of crust, so we split it into two smaller pizzas baking it and freezing one so she can use later. Thanks so much to my readers who suggested this mix!!
We had a great night. We listened to music, played some pool, chit chatted and just had a nice evening. All the dogs got along great too - Sarah brought her ex's dog with her. Heath was so happy to have another playmate. Maddie, could have cared less.
 

Good Day
This morning we got up and just piddled around for a bit before deciding that it'd be wise to head out to the mall earlier rather than later. Sarah wanted to hit up New York and Company. Who am I to deny her this? We behaved ourselves actually and only made two stops: New York and Company and The Limited. Scored great deals at both stores. Mind you, you only shopped for ourselves, no Christmas gifts being bought. I had a rewards certificate at The Limited and ended up with a turtleneck sweater for $3.21!!! Love scoring sweet deals like that.

We also made our way to Whole Foods so she could pick up a few things she can't get in her city. Then it was back home.

I thought we were going to try to head to the river trails for a run, but she decided she wanted to take today as a rest day. I decided to head out for a lap (or 2) around my neighborhood. It was about 45 degrees, but sunny. I got geared up and had a fantastic, pain-free 3.5 mile run. I made sure to roll the IT band and stretch extra since this was the longest run I've been able to do. I also iced my knee just to be safe. I am feeling much more positive now about signing up for the Little Rock Half Marathon in March.

Tonight I'll make Chipotle Tempeh Chili for everyone to enjoy. I hope everyone is having a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.