Skip to main content

TGIW

Gym Day
Well, today the temps were back closer to the normal range - as in 51 not 73. Today was like my Friday as we are off Thursday and Friday for the holidays. Even better, I got to leave at 12:30 pm. Now that's a Christmas gift for sure!

I had packed my gym bag this morning because I knew I wanted to work back today. I wasn't sure if I would be hitting up spin class or just the elliptical. Since I got off work early (though not early enough for the noon spin class), I just hit the elliptical for my cardio.

Since I missed Week 2 of STS Meso 2, I went with that for my Week 4 workout. I decided to start at 70% and work up to 80% of my 1RM with each set so that I was hitting the 80% as I was supposed to this week.

Warm up on elliptical for 10 minutes
Pullups
Medium grip chinups
Chinups
Barbell rows - 12,10,8,TF
1-arm rows - 12,10,8,TF
Pullovers - 12,10,8,TF
Low back extensions on ball

Again, I left out the band work and deadlifts and substituted with pullovers and low back extensions on the stability ball. I did some ab work, both weighted and using the stability ball. I finished off the workout with about 20 minutes on the elliptical before calling it quits.

What's funny is how different the crowds can be at the gym depending on what time you go. Usually just after 4 pm it's fairly empty with the exception of a few men, typically in their late 30's or early 40's. Today, around 1 pm, it was younger men, and total meat heads at that. More grunting and flexing than at a muscle and fitness show. 

Protein Fail
I went home and got cleaned up and decided to try out a new Jay Robb protein shake. I don't usually drink protein shakes, but I had picked up this single-serving packet because it sounded delish - Pina Colada.

I typically like the Jay Robb brand. So I was excited to try it. First off, I couldn't seem to get it to mix up properly. Then I ended up spilling half (or more) all over the floor, splashing the cabinets of course. Even worse? It tasted horrible. It was sickly, fake sweet. Horrible.

Getting Ready for Tomorrow
Anyway, after that fiasco I had to heat the mean holiday streets for a few errands for tomorrow's party, baking with my sis, and meals on Christmas Day. I realized, however, that I was on empty so I only made it to Kroger. That was enough though. I was ready to be home and done. I had what I needed for the party at least, so that was what counted the most.

We're doing a brunch theme so there will be frittatas. I found a recipe for a vegan/tofu frittata that I am also going to try out (for myself at the very least). Jason requested a coffee cake, so I found a vegan version to test. Hope he likes it ;-) I've never made one period. I'll also do a mixed fruit salad, we'll have some bagels and some faux sausages. I know what all you meat-eaters are thinking...gross. But these have actually made meat-eater approval. Oh, and brunch is not complete without mimosas!

Do you have any brunch favorites? Got any tips for the vegan frittata? I think for the real frittatas one will be a Greek style and the other maybe a Mexican flavored.

And last but not least, dinner: Since today is technically my Friday, and it feels like Friday, and we won't be having Pizza Friday...It's Pizza Wednesday! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.