Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Tagged Answers

Early Morning Workouts
I had another crappy night of sleep last night. I woke up at 3:30 and never went back to sleep. I finally got out of bed at 5:15 and got my workouts done. Because yesterday's workout was such a doozy, I decided to keep today's short and fairly easy (not that this weight set up was exactly a cake walk).

Today was back done at 90% of 1RM doing 4 sets of 6 reps.

Underhand rows
Single-arm rows
Pullovers
Single-arm horizontal rows

I added in low back extensions on the stability ball and finished off with two combos from Cathe's MMA Boxing. Very glad to have the workouts done for the day.

Sister's Surgery Update
And, after the blizzard-like snow we had yesterday, it all melted and dried up by around 5-ish. Yep, not a sign that there was ever that much snow other than an iced-over car this morning. While I love my house, I do not love that we don't have covered parking. It took forever to de-ice. Actually, it took a while just to break into my car. The door was frozen shut. Good times at 6:40 am and 22 degrees! But, no ice on the roads meant Sarah's surgery was still on.

I spent the better part of the morning a bit distracted, thinking about my sister. She was there by 6:30 and they took her back for prep right away. The surgery didn't start until just after 9 though. Both my parents were able to be there with her at least.

Everything went as planned. I knew the surgery would go smoothly, but it's just the sitting and waiting that sucks. And she's my baby sister so I'm going to worry, period. I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and positive vibes. Very much appreciated. Now I'm just hoping for a super speedy, no complications recovery.

Fun Facts Friday - I Was Tagged
Now, moving along to something more fun - Fun Facts Friday. Several weeks ago my friend
Jessica tagged me in a post to answer some questions. I wanted to take advantage of the questions for Fun Facts Friday (you know, so I didn't have to come up with anything on my own). Sorry for the delay Jess, but you do still kind of owe me a post too ;-) But here you go:
  1. How many days a week do you workout? 6, always taking 1 rest day. I prefer to take it on Friday, but if I need it sooner, I take it (though sometimes begrudgingly).
  2. What is your favorite ab move? This is tough because I love to work abs - maybe pikes on the ball.
  3. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be? Um, Johnny Depp
  4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? A beach, just give me a beach house please!
  5. What is your favorite beauty product you can’t go a day without? Moisturizer and mascara...and chapstick.
  6. Do you have any pets?  If so what kind?  If you don’t what animal would you love to have? I have 2 crazy Cocker Spaniels (Maddie and Heath), both are rescues.
  7. If you could only eat one food for the rest of you life, what would it be? Pizza
  8. What does your family and friends think about your blog? I don't know that my family really gets the whole blog thing at all. As for friends, I know some of them read it and think it's pretty cool. They all seem to be ok with me taking pics of them and food all the time at least ;-)
  9. What is one sport you haven’t tried, but would love to get involved in? Not sure, don't really see myself as one into sports.
  10. Red wine or white wine? Both...it just depends on what I'm eating. I prefer white wine if I for some strange reason have a drink at lunch (like on a weekend) or during the summer. Typically I prefer reds now.
  11. (Bonus question) What is your favorite workout memory? Going to have to go with the Cathe Road Trip in July 2010.
Your turn - answer at least one of the questions, more if you're so inclined! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.