Skip to main content

Lazy Sets in After Long Run

Pizza Friday Shared
Last night was Pizza Friday, of course. But we actually shared the occasion with another couple for a change. I may need to invest in a larger bread machine though. I had to plan out the timing on getting two pizza doughs done. But it all worked out perfectly. We had so much fun too. I made two pizzas, but did three different options total.

Veggie & "Sausage" - onions, red and yellow bell peppers, spinach, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, Tofurky Keilbasa

Greek - roasted red bell peppers, artichokes, banana peppers, spinach, sundried tomatoes, seitan, feta

Buffalo "Chicken" - onions, red and green bell peppers, portobello, seitan, and BBQ and hot sauces

Our friends really seemed to enjoy the homemade pizzas and didn't even mind the vegetarian additions like the faux sausage, seitan, and Daiya.

Running Plan Redo
The half marathon training plan called for a 5K today. We did not sign up for any race, and quite frankly, the idea of running 3.2 miles at race pace was rather laughable in my mind. I know that the crazy intervals I did earlier in the week were in preparation for a 5K today, but I was simply worn out.

Ok, I say worn out but then will tell you that rather than doing a speedy 3.2 miles, we did a slower-paced 8.5 miles. It's crazy when 8.5 miles sounds more appealing than a puke-worthy, fast 3.2 miles. It was a gorgeous day here. Finally some sunshine. The temps were hovering around 43 degrees when we set out for the run. That felt almost hot after running in sub 30 degree temps. For me, it was a really really great run, both mentally and physically. The first 4 miles seemed to just fly by. This was a complete 180 from last weekend's long run. I definitely need some of the mentally strong runs.

As soon as we got home, we both spent time using the TriggerPoint Therapy Kit and stretching. I am so happy that using the roller is no longer so painful that I could cry. This means my IT band is definitely healthier and this gives me hope that the half marathon is really and truly doable for me.

After we got cleaned up we decided to have a late lunch at a place called Canon Grill. It's nothing spectacular, but it's got a nice atmosphere and it's relaxing. I brought along some Quorn nuggets in a baggy and just got a garden salad with salsa and then added in my veggie protein. I used to feel so weird about doing things like that, but I don't anymore. Oh, and it's cheaper too ;-)

Case of the Lazies
We were both feeling rather drained after the run, so PJs were on by 4:30. I feel like I've lost some endurance for recovery after the longer runs. I feel more like I did 10 miles rather than 8. Anyway, I feel a bit lazy that I didn't really get much done around the house, but there's always tomorrow for that. And tomorrow's weather is supposed to be crappy again (cold, rain, chance of possible flurries) so I have a feeling I can get a lot accomplished.

If we can muster the energy later, dinner is supposed to be homemade sushi (finally). I have been wanting to make sushi for ages and just never seem to get up the nerve to try it. So this week I declared Saturday to be Sushi Saturday. I'll be sure to report back of course. Any tips or tricks are most welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.