Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Tips for Friends/Family of Bloggers

Just For Fun Cardio 
Last night was a super restless night of sleep for me. I ended up waking up for the last time at 5:11 am. I was really going to make today a second rest day for the week (gasp), something totally unheard of for me. But since I was up, I decided to do something short and fun just to get the blood flowing.

I didn't want anything leg intensive (trying to save my legs for tomorrow's long run), so I went with Cathe's MMA Kickboxing - just doing the first two combos only. It took just about 20 minutes, then I stretched for a bit before getting ready for work. It was a nice way to start the day. No pressure to get in a certain amount of cardio or any particular weights. Just for fun.

Freaking Out and Fun Friday 
So, today was the day to sign up for the Cathe Road Trip. I was so excited about the prospect of meeting up with Jessica and Jolene again AND meeting Madeline for the first time. At the same time, there was a great deal weighing on me with this trip. I have a work trip schedule mid-July in Chicago. I would get back to work and then turn around and leave again. Also, money. With the car situation, things are going to be tighter than expected. 

But, I just kept going back to hanging out with my friends. The thought of missing out on the trip. I had decided (sort of) to just do it and figure it out later. Seriously, you have to have the link open and ready to go at the very second they open up the registration. So I was already freaking out a bit about whether or not I'd be fast enough again.


In the end...I closed the link. I didn't sign up. Am I sad? Yes. I was really and truly looking forward to the whole Cathe Road Trip experience again as well as visiting Philly again (especially meeting Madeline). But, I think it's for the best. Jessica and Jolene opted out too. Why? Because we're going to plan a trip together in August instead. 

So all is not lost. I am really excited about the new plans to be honest. We'll actually get to have some down time together and really and truly catch up. Sometimes things work out the way they're meant to be right? I like to think so. I know for a fact it will be one fun-filled weekend! I kind of feel sorry for the boys who have to witness it.


Back to present fun...it is Pizza Friday. We've also got plans to meet up with some friends for a very short happy hour. Can't be out partying; gotta be fresh for tomorrow's run. But it fun to hang out with friends for a bit just to be out of the house.


Fun Facts Friday

More fun? Ok, Fun Facts Friday. This week, being out of the kitchen and all, I've had more time again. I love blogging, but man does it suck up some major time, especially when coupled with things like training for a race, working full time, cooking each night, trying to find time to stretch out those tired muscle, hitting the gym for weights...what about personal time?

So this week, sitting and watching someone else cook (yes, sitting down like a normal person), I have been thinking a lot about blogging and balance. It's Friday, and I don't want to do a super serious post about the perils of blogging, about losing balance, or losing touch with reality. I think that's another post. So for today, I thought I'd go with a list of tips for family (especially spousal units) and friends of bloggers. Just some things to keep in mind:

  • Be patient.
  • Learn to love the camera.
  • Cold food is still tasty - or just stick in the microwave for a second.
  • Always be prepared to have your picture show up on a post - so smile and look pretty please.
  • Be patient - needs to be repeated.
  • If you don't want something to be discussed, you best speak up.
  • It may not seem rational, but having multiple sets of dishes, table linens, etc. is truly vital.
  • Just nod your head and smile when we talk about our blog friends and it makes no sense at all (eventually you'll put names to blog names).
Ok, not an extensive list at all (losing creativity) - so fill in the blanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.