Skip to main content

Another Gray Day but Good Weight Workout

PuPu Platter
Last night I ended up throwing together a pupu platter for dinner as I figured I likely would. I had thawed out some tofu and decided to toss that with BBQ and hot sauces then sprinkle with panko and bake for some crispy Buffalo Tofu Strips. I made up a sundried tomato and artichoke hummus (looks brown because I added balsamic vinegar), cut up some carrots, and also cut up some almond cheese to go with vegan pepperoni and almond crackers.
 

It was a fun dinner actually. It can be fun to have snacky style foods for dinner for a change. Oh and here are some pictures from last night that made me smile.
 
 


Gray Sunday
It sounds like spring has totally run away from almost all of us at this point. Today was gray and 41 degrees. I guess it wasn't raining at least. I did Day 3 of Week 3 of the total body rotation. It called for 3 sets of 15 (yes count 'em 15) reps. I did do some legs, but not 3x15.

Weighted triceps dips
Flat bench chest flyes
Double-arm rows
Pullovers
Preacher curls
Front raises
Rear leg slide back lunges - 3x8
Wide stance squats - 2x15
Side leg slide lunges 2x8
Firewalkers - 8
Weighted donkey kicks - 2x18
Rollins with hiplifts on ball - 8
Inner thigh squeeze with ball - 2x24

After the weights I did all of combo 1 and just the upper only from combo 2 from Cathe's MMA Boxing then abs from her High Reps workout. This took exactly 1 hour (love it when it rounds out perfectly). I followed it up with a long stretching session.

I'll admit that I was rather dreading the sets and reps for this workout. I mean, come on, that's a lot. But, I ended up having a really great workout. Talk about shaky muscles making for interesting makeup application ;-) 


Partial Errands
After the workout, I got cleaned up and we headed out to run some errands. We needed to go to Kroger, but we went to Bed Bath and Beyond instead. We had a gift card and some Christmas money left and were wanting some new curtains for the pool room. We found some curtains we both liked along with a new curtain rod (which Jason is currently hanging).

We proceeded to put of Kroger by hitting up Barnes and Noble. Jason had a gift card there as well. We both found some bargain books and I picked up a couple of magazines to enjoy while ellipticalling this week. So a second successful trip (and still successfully putting off Kroger).

Did we go directly to Kroger? Of course not. We were both getting hungry and decided to eat out instead. We did drop off the goods at the house first, so I grabbed some Quorn nuggets to take with me. We went to an Irish Pub fairly close to our house. This was the first time we'd eaten there actually. I knew they had a salad that I could get and add my protein to, so that's what I did. We love the atmosphere there. It's always just nice and cozy, very relaxing. Oh, and it helped us to continue to put off Kroger. There's always tomorrow right?

I am baking some wheat French bread right now while Jason takes care of hanging the curtains. I'm also doing odds and ends chores (in PJs of course). I think we're going to make some chili for dinner tonight. I guess that's one positive about the cool weather - we can keep on enjoying the cold-weather dinners like chili and soup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.