Skip to main content

Crappy Weather Cramping Running Style

Indoor Run
What happened to spring? Today was 45, gray, and drizzly out. Not a motivating kind of Saturday I must say. I posted on Twitter and Facebook that this crappy weather is cramping my running style. I mean, doesn't the weather know I was planning to run 10 miles today?

Shockingly, I did manage to convince Jason to actually go up to the gym with me today. Funny thing, on Friday the gym had left a message for Jason saying they'd noticed it had been a while since he'd been and to call if there was anything they could do to help motivate him to come in ;-)

Anyway, today I had really hoped to get in a long run, but the weather was not cooperating one bit. I ended up hitting the treadmill instead. I did 2 miles, then I did 3 x (1:00, 1:30) athletic intervals. This put me at 3.8 miles so I did another 1.2 to round it out to 5 solid miles. I hopped on the elliptical for another 12 minutes for an hour of cardio. Jason spent some time on a spin bike then ran.

He decided to get cleaned up there, so I stretched and used one of the foam rollers there while waiting on him. I will say that it's nice having a 24/7 gym, but no staff on the weekends means no one is ther to fix the satellite radio situation when it's a cloudy, nasty day. It kept coming in and out and was SO annoying. Thank goodness I had my iPod.

And, I feel like I'm becoming a total gym rat these days. Now I'm even up there on the weekends. I have a feeling I'll be back there tomorrow for my weight day. I want to do a heavy leg day. I'll blame it on reading Oxygen Magazine while on the elliptical. Who am I???

Lunch with Friends

We got home and cleaned up and were about to head out for lunch when a friend texted about meeting up. Perfect timing. We met up at Buffalo Wild Wings. They had a gift card and also wanted to watch a game. I knew I could get a salad and bring my own protein, so I was game.

We had a really nice, long, relaxing lunch. It's nice to just sit back and relax with friends sometimes. No worries, no timelines, just sit back and visit. I had plenty on my to-do list, but sometimes to-do lists can just wait, Saturdays (weekends in general) should be more laid back in my opinion.

Speaking of laid back, I'm in my PJs already. I have a feeling dinner is going to be a hodge podge tonight (aka pupu platter). I'm not terribly concerned to be honest. I just want to relax and enjoy the evening. I hope you all do the same ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.