Skip to main content

Spin & Summery Balsamic Dijon Quinoa Salad

Spinning Monday
Well, today was certainly a Monday all the way around. It's one of those days you could easily forget, with the exception of mishaps. I felt like the clumsiest person from the get go. Oh, and Note To Self moment: check the wind gusts before opting for a dress that may or may not billow out or fly up. Just sayin'.

I also got dumped by my running partner already. I swear I wasn't pushing to go too fast. Sigh. Actually, he's enjoying weights right now, which I can totally respect.

Things weren't going quite as planned at work either. You know fun stuff like sending emails to the wrong people, test sites not working, a project so close to production that is suddenly not as client wanted. So it was just all around one of "those" days.

What did help me today? Another sweaty noon spin class. Such a great way to refocus. It's hard to dwell on anything negative (other than your ass being kicked) when you're so focused on getting through the class, pushing yourself, and enjoying the music (one of the best parts).

My legs were killing me from yesterday's workout, but I figured it'd be better to go to the earlier class before the full-on DOMS set in by the evening. Plus, sometimes spinning it out really does help. Hurts so good...or that's what I tell myself.

Summery Salad Take Two
So, moving along to something better. I really wanted something on the lighter, cooler side for dinner. The pasta salad I made last week sounded good, only I put off the grocery store and don't have pasta. So, I ended up coming up with a new version: Summery Balsamic Dijon Quinoa Salad.

It's pretty much the same thing as my Summery Balsamic Dijon Pasta Salad only using quinoa in the place of the pasta. I also didn't have asparagus this time, so I added roasted red bell peppers and used extra artichoke hearts and peas. But it just shows that this is really a versatile recipe, the very best kind if you ask me.
 

This somehow seemed to make WAY more as a quinoa salad than the pasta salad. I have a tendency to underestimate how much quinoa I really need. So, we'll be eating on this a few times this week I'm thinking. But, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Daily To-Enjoy List
  • Dinner at the table
  • Sweatfest spin class
  • Time to do my fingernails (just clear coat but still)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.