Skip to main content

Working Out for Work Health? And Grilled Salad

Spin Day
Today was a fairly typical Monday. I hit up spin at noon. It seemed like everyone in the class was having a major case of the Mondays though. Normally it's a fairly lively class. Today...not so much. But it was still a great class, and I felt so much more energetic after class.

I had thought I was going to get in biceps before the class. But I just didn't have it in me today. So, I'll get to those tomorrow. Some days just aren't meant for lifting.

Workouts for Work Health?
Today was a fairly hectic day for me at work. When I get to enjoy a workout mid-day, it really helps me refocus. I feel so incredibly lucky that I am fortunate enough to be able to get in a workout during the day. I kind of think all work places should promote that to be honest.

I know how much better I feel, more energized, re-focused, just happier. It would seem to make sense that the company as a whole would benefit from all employees coming back feeling like they were ready to take on whatever challenges they are facing that day.

Sometimes I think health and wellness should trump time spent tied to a desk. Let's face it, that time sitting is NOT healthy. There are so many studies out now that talk about the detriments of so much time spent just sitting. And smokers take multiple smoke breaks that add up, but non-smokers don't get that time? So why not give that time in terms of workout time? Just a thought, totally rambling.

Are you lucky enough to have a flexible schedule that would allow for mid-day workouts? Do you work for a company that promotes health and wellness? I will say that my company does in terms of providing free gyms to employees. They are on site and I know ours (we have a few different buildings we occupy) has several classes like dance cardio and even yoga.

Grilling 
Our weather has cooled down tremendously. Today was only 90 degrees with low humidity. And yes, 90 feels very cool after days of 115 degree temps. I couldn't pass up firing up the grill. I just went with a Grilled Tempeh & Veggie Salad.

Nothing spectacular or fancy. Just lots of grilled veggies and tempeh that I marinated in balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, OJ, salt, garlic powder. So simple and the veggies don't need anything if you ask me.

This is definitely my favorite salad. Do you have a favorite salad combo?

Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Spin
  • Grilling 
  • Catching up on Big Brother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.