Skip to main content

Weights, Run & Day With Friends

Weights & Easy Run
This morning I woke up way earlier than I'd have liked on a Saturday, especially when I wasn't going out for a long run. I will say, it felt strange not getting prepped for a 12-miler, almost depressing in a way. My legs were still feeling really tight, not wanting to move for me.

Good thing the 12-miler wasn't today huh? I didn't want to go to the gym so early, so I got some house chores done like laundry, sweeping, mopping. After procrastinating with chores, I finally headed to the gym around 8:45. My weight plan was to hit back, chest, shoulders and abs. I did start out with about 10 minutes on the elliptical to test my legs and to warm up. Then I went with trisets of 3x8:

TS#1
Underhand barbell row
Arnold press
Flat bench chest press

TS#2
Pullovers
Lateral raise
Flat bench chest flyes

TS#3
Double-arm rows
Incline rear delt flye
Incline chest press

I did some ab work and stretched for a bit before heading home.

When I got home, I turned right around and headed out the door for a run around the neighborhood. My goal was a slow, easy 3-mile run. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it a mile, but once I got going, my legs actually felt pretty good. I actually started having crazy thoughts like, "Oh wow, I really could do 12 miles today."

This, my friends, was runner's endorphins talking not sensibility and reality. The cooler temps and sunshine probably was playing a part in my delusion as well. I did just a little over 3 miles, making myself stop and go in to stretch and roll out on my Triggerpoint Therapy Kit. Overall, a pleasant run despite another bloody toe issue and tight legs.

I spent about 20 minutes rolling out and stretching. It hurt like hell, but I know that it needed to be done to work out the kinks and tightness.

Day with Friends
After cleaning up, Jason and I headed out to meet some friends for a late lunch downtown. There is a restaurant that used to be 2 blocks from our house that we enjoyed, but they moved to the RiverMarket area recently and we haven't been since. Our friends happened to choose that restaurant for our lunch - Juanita's.

They have a really nice patio area that was enjoyable on this cooler fall day. Much better than their previous patio which was basically just a space for smokers to be honest. Nothing relaxing or enjoyable. I totally stuffed myself and felt like I needed to just be rolled out. I hate that feeling and have a bad habit of doing that to myself when we eat out. Ugh.

We headed back to our house to watch the first part of the Razorback's game. We were getting stomped, by the 3rd quarter I made the executive decision to head down to a block party that was supposed to be going on where one of our fave hang-out places is - Dugan's.

We ended up watching the rest of the very sad game inside as that's where the party really seemed to be taking place. And we lost. I felt totally alone - I was pretty much the only one there that absolutely did not care about the game. At least the company was good though.

The rest of the evening is being spent being lazy on the couch. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in my 12 mile run and then lots more house work that really needs to get done.

I hope everyone has had a great Saturday!


Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Day with friends
  • Getting stuff knocked off the to-do list

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.