Skip to main content

Spin, Weights, Errands & Gluten-Free Baking

Spin & Weights 
Today Jason and I hit the gym together. The plan was to do weights and then try out a new Cathe Friedrich DVD - Cycle Max (Thanks Jo!!). Of course, this was the plan in my mind. Jason thought the plan was to just do the spin workout.

I had jumped on the elliptical to get in a 10 minute warm up before weights, thinking we'd try some of the spin after weights. Jason, in the meantime, was apparently setting up the laptop and DVD in the spin area. He came around the corner looking really confused, and I looked confused right back of course.

So, today's workout started with spin. I only did about 30 minutes of the workout (Jason did the whole disc) before moving on to weights. I will say, that if you are in the market for a spin workout you can take to the gym on a day when there are no classes or to do at home, this is a good one. Of course. I don't think I've done one of Cathe's workouts that aren't awesome.

I went with chest, shoulders and triceps today. I did chest separate from shoulders and triceps since both chest and triceps work bothers my left elbow. I did 3x8 unless noted.

SS#1
Chest flye into press
Pushups with toes on bench

SS#2
Shoulder press
Double-arm overhead triceps extension

SS#3
Front raise open to T, return to front
Double-arm kickbacks - 10

SS#4
Lateral raise
Dips - 10

It was a pretty good workout. I did start off feeling a lot weaker (probably because of cardio first). But I was able to increase the weights for lateral raises, so that's always a plus.

Lunch, Errands & Messes
After the workout, Jason and I got cleaned up then debated about lunch. We ended up being bad and going out. It was a dreary looking day out, so being outside of the house seemed more appealing.

I had a recipe to try out for some gluten-free rolls for my sister for Thanksgiving. Once I started reading through the recipe, however, I realized I was lacking one thing - a stand mixer. Jason was suddenly gung-ho about hitting up Bed Bath & Beyond to get me a stand mixer.

In the meantime, I had emailed my pal Sarena asking if I really needed a stand mixer. She said to use my arms; Jason was on a mission though. I could have walked away with a stand mixer for my birthday. However, I just couldn't stomach dropping the dough on a machine for...well...dough. Not today anyway. How crazy am I right?

So, we headed home empty handed. I got into my comfy PJs then headed straight to the kitchen to try my hand at gluten-free baking. The things I do for my sister! The kitchen looked like a flour explosion. Gluten-free baking is a major science experiment that I am not used to at all. Kind of makes my head spin. I have even more respect for those who bake their own goods and totally understand paying the money at a gluten-free bakery.

But, I really do enjoy being in the kitchen, so it was a nice evening. And I also love doing something special for my family. So making these rolls was a labor of love with no complaints. And who doesn't love the smell of bread baking in the oven?

And not only did these smell amazing, they tasted amazing as well. I am so excited that these turned out so well, and I know my sister is going to be ecstatic to have rolls this Thanksgiving! As a caveat, this is not my recipe to share, so I will apologize if this seems teasing. You'll have to look for this recipe in a cookbook one day soon ;-)

The rest of the evening is going to look a lot like this for us now and I hope yours does too!


Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Gym with hubby
  • Relaxing lunch
  • Kitchen time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.