Skip to main content

Legs, Award & Fun Facts Friday

Leg Day
Normally today would be my rest day, but this weekend I have some exciting stuff happening and need my rest day to be Sunday. So, today I went with my leg workout that I had thought briefly about doing yesterday.
Pin It


** 3-point lunge - Start with feet together and dumbbell held in both hands. Lunge forward, return to start; lunge side, return to start; lunge rear, return to start  = 1 rep.

Honestly, I didn't think this was going to be a good workout. My body is so used to rest days on Friday. I had to convince myself to get to the gym and just get moving. My legs were also sore from painting - up and down and up and down the ladder again does that to you.

In the end, it was a really good workout surprisingly. I gotta say I love it when that happens.

Fun Facts Friday - Weekend Plans
This weekend my pal Jessica from EatDrinkBreatheSweat is coming to visit along with her hubby! Jess and I started blogging one week a part and somehow found each other and connected instantly. We're long lost sisters or sisters from another life we're convinced.

Jess and I got to meet at the 2010 Cathe Road Trip. We were supposed to get to visit again this past August, but things came up that prevented that (good things, but not good for a visit). Anyway, this trip has been a long time coming. I'm simply giddy with excitement! And you guys might get a special treat on Sunday.

Jess and I are both very type A gals. But, we tried really hard to plan not to plan for this trip. Makes sense right? We came up with lots of things we'd like to do and a loose schedule, but nothing set in stone. We are planning (oh you know we have to plan) to try to go with the flow. So, here are some of the things we have planned not to plan, but are planned of course (did you follow that one?):

Saturday
  • Trip to Whole Foods - to get stuff for Pizza Saturday
  • Trip to wine store - no need to explain this one
  • Walk around the River Market
  • Go to wine bar - that happens to be in the River Market, hence walking around that area
  • Make pizza
  • Skype with Jess' sister Jolene for a virtual cheers (or Sunday if she can't Sat)
  • Play pool
Sunday
  • Go to the horse races - it's an hour away in my home town
  • Show them where I went to school and grew up
  • Dinner - undecided
  • Mandatory Skype with Jolene again
Monday
  • Walk the river trails
  • Spin class - You knew there would be workouts 
  • Open day - manicure plans fell through because I didn't schedule in time
  • Make dinner in - homemade spaghetti sauce with spaghetti squash, salad, homemade bread
Tuesday
  • Jessica is going to teach me a Barre N9ne class
  • Lunch before they have to leave
I'm thinking it's going to be an awesome weekend! Do you plan out your trips or do you try to just go with the flow - or a bit of both?

Liebster Award 
Before I go, I can't forget to mentioned this. I recently receive a Liebster award from Marina at Cowboy Country Vegetarian.


The rules are basically that I am supposed to copy/paste the award and link back plus pick my 5 fave bloggers with 200 or fewer followers. I think it's a great way to share the love and to learn about new blogs.

So what I'd really love to do is have you guys share 1 new-to-you blog that you are loving.

Daily To-Enjoy List:

  • Friday
  • Being able to clean the house after the HVAC guys leave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.