Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Sephora Addiction

Non-Rest Day
We were supposed to have rain for 4 days straight. Sometimes it's great when the weather people are wrong. Hello sunshine. It's definitely cooler, and windy, but sunny. Since I took my rest day on Monday, that meant gym today.

Initially I was going to hit the legs. I even pulled my resistance band out of my bag. I started with a warmup on the elliptical then ended up hitting back and shoulders instead of legs. I thought I'd give them one more day to recover from the half marathon.

I went with supersets of 3x8:

SS#1
Assisted chinups (gettin' easier)
Overhead shoulder press

SS#2
Underhand barbell row
Front raises

SS#3
Double-arm rows
Upright rows

I also did some ab work.

Fun Facts Friday - Sephora Addiction 
I was really not sure what I wanted to do for Fun Facts Friday. Sometimes I have great ideas, sometimes no ideas at all. Today was a no idea kind of day.

While I was getting myself ready again after the gym, it hit me...another Fashion Edition - Makeup. I know it doesn't sound terribly exciting. But let me explain. I used to be very simple when it came to makeup. Wal-Mart was as fancy as I got. Mostly Cover Girl or Maybelline (still use their mascara though).

But, that changed two years ago when a friend invited me to the special opening for the new Sephora store. She is a local DJ and they were hosting a big event. Jason actually encouraged me to go...which I bet he regrets now.

Anyway, I really didn't want to go. It wasn't my scene, but, I wanted to support my friend. I actually spent some time looking up products online so I wouldn't be overwhelmed when I got to the store. I had it planned out exactly what I wanted - a Bare Escentuals Starter Kit. It wasn't too pricy, but definitely a splurge for me.

That was the beginning of the end in a way. I am definitely a girlie girl! Sephora is a little taste of heaven. I have discovered a new love of makeup, anti-aging products, nail polishes, brushes, you name it. So, what are my favorite products? Here's my list:

Eyeshadow - Bare Escentuals


Eyeliner - Bare Escentuals in Plum

Blush - Bare Escentuals

Powder/Base - Korres Mineral Powder

Lotions - Korres Anti-Aging Line



Makeup Brushes - all by Bare Escentuals

Nail Polish - Sephora by O.P.I - Current favorite colors are "Never Enough Shoes," "Break a Legwarmer," and "Beauty Junkie."

Are you a makeup junkie or are do you keep it pretty basic? What are some of your favorite brands?


Daily To-Enjoy List:

  • Sunshine
  • It's Friday
  • Relaxing evening
  • Giveaway announcement tomorrow

Comments

  1. Love Celestine eyeshadow by bare minerals! I love most of their stuff and swear by Jane iredale bronzed. Like you I still use a "cheap" mascara but splurge on most other things! Fun post heather :) enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are braver than I! Sephora completely overwhelms me. Too many choices! I still use the same makeup I used in high school and college!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.