Skip to main content

Running, Relaxing, Enjoying Family Time

Saturday Recap
Yesterday turned out to be a great day for so many reasons. It was a beautiful, sunny day. Oh and cooler temps in the morning - perfect for a run. Jason and I got in a great 7-mile run. For me, it was ideal because I had zero heel pain during the run. This was the first run since probably November that I can recall having no heel pain. A-mazing.

After the run, it was a little tender, but nothing at all like it's been. I truly believe that my plantar fasciitis pain is on the mends. Not just starting to feel better, but definitely healing up.

My piriformis is now my main issue to contend with. During the run, it didn't bother me. But anytime I sit for more than about 30 minutes, my sciatic nerve starts screaming at me. And I know this means my piriformis is still very much inflamed and not on the mends. I do have PT tomorrow and she plans to discuss some more invasive options - hopefully just injections.

Anyway, after our run, we had to get ourselves ready and head to my mom's house (an hour away). We were having our "Easter" lunch a day early. My sister was there with her two kiddos too. My niece wanted to be included in all the pictures AND she had to goof around with her uncle Jason of course.


Purple flower courtesy of my niece






It turned out to be a really nice family day.

Sunday
Today was not nearly as pretty. Kind of gloomy and much cooler. Jason and I had planned on getting in a 3-mile recovery run, so the cooler temps weren't really a big deal.

I actually slept in (well, got up at 6:30 and made myself stay in bed and go back to sleep) until 8:15 - a very nice treat for me. I did get some laundry going, swept, dusted, a few chores like that, then we set out on our run.

We decided to just run from the house towards downtown. We didn't have a specific route planned, just a general idea. What this means ultimately is that we ended up hitting 4.5 miles rather than the planned 3.

But, once again, no heel pain during the run, so big score! And I did behave and stop at 4.5 because my wheels were going I won't lie. I easily could have pushed on to 5 or even 6 had I not really been honest with myself.

The rest of the day has been pretty lazy, and that's just fine with me. It's been a super busy, super emotional past few days anyway. So just relaxing, enjoying time together (with the pups of course), unwinding is exactly what we needed today.


Daily To-Enjoy List:
  • Running
  • Relaxing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.