Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - The Power of a Word

That'll Wake You Up
Well, today is a much-needed rest day for me. My legs aren't nearly as sore today as they were last week. Kind of funny how doing the same workout just twice and the muscles already are more used to it. I guess that says volumes about needing to shake things up.

I did wake up super early though. Jason got up just before 5 am for his master's swim class and I never fell back asleep. I thought I'd do myself a huge favor and try a yoga workout. Jason has a DVD - The Athlete's Guide to Yoga.

I really don't like yoga, but I keep trying because I know it'd be so good for me. So, I was up, why not give it another go? Only the ancient DVD player wouldn't work. It's been giving me fits, but then started to work ok. So, I thought it was just because it hadn't been used a lot. Apparently it only plays Cathe Friedrich DVDs. No joke. I tried the yoga DVD, another totally different yoga DVD. Nope, nadda. Stuck in a Cathe DVD...played perfectly.

Let's just say that was not calming for me. So, I went ahead and started getting ready. I was trying to figure out which shoes to wear and felt something in my shirt. I thought it was just a hair and was going to get it in a second when I looked in the mirror and saw a big ass spider crawling up my neck! Not exaggerating I promise. This is not a tall tale of the big fish I caught. Nope, this was a spider just a bit larger than the size of a quarter.

I flung it off me as quickly as I could jumping around like a freaking lunatic. I spotted it on the bath mat just staring me down. But I won! I grabbed toilet paper and threw him in the toilet. Haha!

That'll really wake you up! So much for a calming, relaxed morning huh?

Fun Facts Friday
I've been talking a lot about running and working out and recovering from injuries and such. So I thought today I'd do something really simple, kind of silly, probably stupid for Fun Facts Friday.
I don't know why, but there are just some words that bug the snot out of me. Words I can't stand to hear uttered or even see written down. Do you have any of those words?

But, really it should come as no surprise that a word can evoke a strong feeling. Words have an amazing power don't they? They can make you angry, happy, sad; they can be comforting or stinging. And sometimes it's just a single word that has the power to illicit a response.

Some words that always make me smile are: sister, husband, pupster, friends, wine, running, sunshine.

But, then there are those other words, some totally random, that make me just cringe. I may or may not offend people with this. Some of you probably use some of these words. So please know it's not a reflection of how I view the person who uses them, it's just the word itself.

Words I that Annoy Me:
  • Aqua
  • Moist
  • Nom (nommy, nom nom or any other variation to include nummy, num num, etc.)
  • Nanner(s) (for banana)
  • Tit or titty 
  • Tat (for tattoo)
  • Pop or popped (Food Network ruined it for me, just listen to the number of times it's said in an episode)
So, what words annoy you? Or (to be positive) maybe words that you love to hear?

Daily To-Enjoy List
Rest day
It's Friday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.