Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Recipes to Try

Long Run
Yesterday was one of those days when you just need it to go away. I ditched my planned workout. I was simply exhausted both mentally and physically. I needed to rest plain and simple. I didn't blog because I didn't figure anyone really needed to hear me whine about being stressed, worn out, too tired to workout, or that it has felt like the longest week ever.

So, no blogging. In fact, I turned off the computer at 7 pm. I had only been on it a few times after work anyway and was just done with it. It was really nice to turn that baby off too. I went to bed around 7:45 and read until 9, then it was lights out.

I woke up, startled by the alarm, just before 5 am. I definitely felt better having rested. Smart decision before a planned 10 mile run honestly.

Jason is doing a triathlon on Sunday, so the plan was for him to only run half the run with me. We planned out (roughly) a route that would put us back near the house around 5 miles in for me so that he could stop, and I could refill my water and take my GU.

It ended up being 5.4 miles. Mentally that was nice. I "only" had 4.6 miles left. Sounds much less daunting doesn't it? I decided to take a different route towards the river since I was running solo at that point. It can be nice changing up the scenery.

The only awkwardness was passing a male co-worker (I ran near my office) while I was clad in a sports bra and shorts. Apparently I don't mind showing hundreds of random strangers passing by in their cars or walking around my stomach, but a co-worker? Totally different.

The run felt really good for the most part. I did go out faster than I should have for the first half (closer to a 9 min mile) so I did start to fatigue by miles 7 and 8 and then of course that's the point where I have to start heading back up towards my house. But, I did manage to finish my last mile at a 9:13 pace so that felt pretty darn good.

I did have one lesson learned - find a new way to carry mace for 10 miles because it will indeed rub you raw.

Fun Facts Friday - Recipes to Try
I haven't been as hungry this week as I feel I should be. It might just be stress related. And don't worry, I'm still eating. I just don't feel like I want to. But, I believe in fueling the body. I know it helps with fatigue, with workouts, with mood. So, while my appetite seems to be taking a vacation, my eyes have not.

What I mean is, I keep seeing a host of amazingly delicious looking recipes that I must try out. I don't usually follow recipes. But these, these I need to make. I wish I could show you the photos, but you just need to go check them out yourself. Trust me, you'll thank me later!

Vegan "Goat" Cheese - Spabettie

Grilled Peach, Chicken & Goat Cheese Salad with Honey White Balsamic Dressing Eat, Live, Run (I can easily veganize this one)

Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Pretzels Averie Cooks (I know this is based on my pretzel craving and they look too cute)

Sweet Potato Puffs - Lean Green Bean

Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Parfait - The Non-Dairy Queen

Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing - Two Peas and Their Pod

Vegan Protein Waffles - Pure 2 Raw

So, what recipes are you itching to make right now? Do you have an ever-growing list? Are you a recipe-follower or do you just browse them for ideas? 

Daily To-Enjoy List:
Morning run
Friday
Relaxing evening

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.