Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Very Inspiring Blogger Award



Recently, Angela at Happy Fit Mama  passed along the Very Inspiring Blogger Award to me. And I thought it'd be perfect for Fun Facts Friday.

Thank you so much Angela. I think you're incredibly inspiring!

The Rules:
  • Display the award logo somewhere on your blog. 
  • Link back to the blog who nominated you. 
  • State 7 things about yourself. 
  • Nominate 15 (or less) other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
  • Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements. 

7 Random Things About Me

1.  While I love the beach, the ocean, the waves, I don't actually enjoy getting into the water. I prefer to sit back with my toes in the sand and just listen and watch. I'll wade out no farther than my knees. When I was a kid, I did actually get in and play, swim, ride the waves on rafts. But now I know there are "things" in the water.



2.  I've mentioned before that I'm a total klutz, but I also did ballet for more than 20 years. The two don't seem to go together really. I only had one major fall during a class, and never on stage. We were rehearsing a new piece that included a sequence of developes (think leg to ear en pointe) then turns.

I never could get my leg nearly has high as I wanted, but man I wanted to dance this piece during a performance. Instead I landed flat on my stomach. Luckily only a severely bruised ego. Needless to  say, I danced a different piece.

Source: anonym.to via Rene on Pinterest

3.  I guess there was another ballet related mishap in the 7th grade, only not really in class. I was trying to teach a friend pointe. I had a barre at my house, downstairs. We decided to get lunch - leftover pizza and a large glass of soda.

Still in pointe shoes I was walking down the stairs with plate in one hand, glass in the other. I slipped and landed flat on my tailbone, but saved the food and drink. Broken tailbone - and couldn't sit or stand easily for about 2 years.


4.  I am a fairly picky eater, but I have gotten better. Jason says I'm not vegetarian, I'm just picky. So I get really annoyed when someone questions why I don't want the single vegetarian item on a menu. Just because it's meat-free doesn't automatically mean it appeals to me - especially when it's nothing but a pile of avocados and cucumbers with a side of melons. 

5.  I wouldn't call myself a hoarder by any means, but I do have a hard time letting go of things, even clothes. I tend to attach memories to almost everything. For example, I had this small wicker container that had a pink rose on it with lace and such. I kept it until just a few months ago.

I had bought one and my friend (who passed away) bought one with a different rose color. We got them when she was at Houston Ballet's summer camp and I had ridden down there with her mom to visit, probably 13 years old. And in it, I had random things like the foil-covered penny I wore in my shoe for good luck during my first cheerleading tryouts. 

6.  I worked for a bookstore for 5 years (full-time paying for college) and have a weird obsession with hardback books. I love to read, but will only buy hardbacks. Needless to say, my stash of books looks more like a library. I finally had to box some up to store because they were just stacked nearly waist-high in the study. 

7.  I can wiggle my ears. Ok, so it's really just sort of a back to front motion vs true wiggle, but still.

Your turn - random fact time!

Now I have to do the hard part and pass along the award. I say hard because it really is hard to just choose a few bloggers. I think you all deserve the award. 

Jennifer at Running with the Girls 
Kristina at Spabettie 
Laura at Mommy Run Fast 
Heather at Mile 26 and More



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.