Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Finding Positives About Fall

Perfect Run
Yesterday, after work, Jason and I had planned a run. Honestly, I was kind of in a funk and would have been happy to put the run off. But, I also knew that I needed to run Thursday rather than Friday since I was planning a long run for Saturday. Oh the plotting and planning a runner does.

The sun had finally come out so it was a little warmer than I'd hoped for - right at 70 degrees. But it wasn't humid and as the sun was going down, it was more comfortable. The plan was for 5 easy miles. Easy was the operative word of the day.

I've been pushing really hard for my runs, even on my long runs. I've gotten way too caught up in hitting a PR for my next half. So today was all about enjoying the run. Easy, no strings attached.

We actually talked a lot more than we usually do. And taking it easier definitely made it less of a struggle/fight. We ended up with 6 miles and it was just what I needed not just for confidence, but also for my body. Perfect way to cap off Thursday. Not only was it letting go of the work day, but it was enjoying the fresh air, the sunshine, and the company of my husband.

Fall
I know everyone seems to be extremely stoked for fall. Everyone is talking about the cooler weather, the fall foliage, and pumpkin everything. Don't get me wrong, the changing foliage can be gorgeous (unless you live in a state that had severe heat and droughts), pumpkin is amazing, and cooler temps are definitely more ideal for running.

However, I am probably the 1-2 percent who are not so happy with fall. I mean, it can be dreary. The leaves falling off treas and plants is kind of depressing. And it's sooooo dark. All.The.Time. 

Though, I'll take fall over winter any old day, so I guess that's one plus for fall. Trying to be positive here. So, in keeping positive about the demise of summer, here are my positives about fall for Fun Facts Friday.
  • 55-60 degrees for running = perfect. However, warmer during the day would make me happier. Just sayin'.
  • The trees changing is pretty, I'll give everyone that. 
  • Boots. While I miss my toes being free, I love me some boots - tall, short, booties, flat, heels....you get the picture. I have some similar to these that I scored a sweet deal on from ebay (under 30 bucks including shipping)
  • Chili. Fall is definitely Chili Season. And I'll take it red, white, green, orange, as long as it's meat-free of course. 
  • Fall will make you appreciate randomly warm, sunny days.
  • Not having to get up at the butt crack of dawn even on weekends to get in a run before it's 100 degrees. 
  • Pumpkin beer. Enough said.
Are you one of the many who adores fall? Are you sad to see summer go? Tell me some of your favorite things about fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.