Skip to main content

Meal Prepping and Way to Go Wednesday

Not so Lazy
Well, while I was super lazy on Sunday (thoroughly enjoyed by the way), I made up for that Monday. My original plan was to go into work a little late. But I ended up going in on time and just took off a little early instead. It was only 3 hours, but sometimes that makes such a huge difference.

This meant I had plenty of time to get lots done including an 8-mile run. Our temps have gone from 75 to barely touching 55 overnight. I ended up slightly overdressing with the exception of the wind for my run. It was sunny, not quite 55, windy. So I wore long sleeves and shorts. Like I said, if it hadn't have been for the cold wind, I would have been miserably hot.

I really was feeling wishy washy about the run. I knew once I got out there and going I'd be just fine. But sometimes I get this weird trepidation before heading out. I have no idea how to explain it. I just get a little anxious.

Anyway, my goal was 8 miles at an easier pace. And I did just that.

After my run, I took a hot shower then spent some time on my Triggerpoint rollers and stretching before deciding to tackle some projects/chores.

I managed to get 4 loads of laundry done and mostly folded, dusted the house, made some vegan Black Bean & Tempeh Chipotle Enchiladas (casserole style) for dinner and also made some Curried Pumpkin Soup for tonight. I figured I was already in the kitchen making a mess, so why not get 2 meals done at once. I didn't bother taking pictures of the enchiladas...they always look like such a mess anyway.

For the soup, I mostly followed this recipe but used bell peppers as I was out of carrots and did not use coconut milk as I was out of that as well. I also used one of the big big cans of pureed pumpkin that I scored on a dented can clearance. Don't know about you, but I don't care if the can is dented but I'll certainly take the clearanced price ;-)

Tuesday night the plan was to run 5 miles with my running partner. I went home, changed, then ran down to her office. The temps had topped out earlier at 54 degrees but were dropping quickly as the sun began to go down. I swear I always forget how to dress myself this time of year.

During the summer it's simple: take water and wear as little clothing as possible. Now? It depends on the wind chill, the time of day even. I ended up in long sleeves and capris and my arms were hot but my hands frozen. "A" wore shorts and long sleeves with gloves and she ended up warm up top but frozen legs. And the temps just continued to drop pretty quickly. By the time I got home it was 45 degrees.

We had a really great run. It's been over a week since we've been able to run together so lots of catching up to do of course ;-)

Anyway, it worked out perfectly having the soup pre-made. All I had to do is re-heat and then toast up some curried chickpeas to go on top. Not only was it perfect b/c it was already done basically, it was also warm and comforting after the run.

I really should plan out meals like that more often. Are you good at planning out and prepping up meals for the week?

Way to Go Wednesday
Today I am either going to take a rest day or do biceps/back/abs and some kickboxing. We'll see how the day progresses. But most importantly, it's Way to Go Wednesday!

Brittany at Little B's Healthy Habits for making it in Oxygen Magazine! 

Mrs. Stuftmama for being crazy enough to run a half marathon with a double jog stroller with a 1:37 finish. AMAZING 

Pavement Runner for his well-deserved mention in the latest Runner's World magazine. So cool!

Angela at Happy Fit Mama for knocking out a PR at the Seacoast Half Marathon.

Miss Zippy for being a pacer. I think pacers rock!

Your turn - who do you want to give a shout out to this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.