Skip to main content

Ouchie Legs and Fun Facts Friday - Hugs

Ouchie Legs
Let's see, I guess I can do a quick recap of the past few days before getting to Fun Facts Friday. Wednesday I went out for a run after work. My plan was 6, but I kind of wanted 8 miles. I ended up compromising with 7 miles.

I kind of had to reel it in a bit as my running partner was going to come over for some yoga. And my legs were screaming at me to stop anyway. I had done legs Tuesday night. So 7 miles on Wednesday was over-kill to say the very least. I had hoped the run would loosen them up. Um....not so much.

"A" stopped by around 5:45 and we did the same flexibility set up I've been doing. She's having a major hamstring problem, so this was ideal for both of us. After the yoga session, I cleaned up, put on my compression calf sleeves, and Jason and I had dinner - curried veggies w/ tofu using the curry paste I made last week. Hopefully I'll get around to remaking, tweaking and posting the recipe soon.

Thursday morning started off with an application of Biofreeze for the quads. Yep, running after weights then yoga...holy no-hovering day. Oh, and it meant a rest day no ifs ands or buts about that one. Each step jostled the poor quads as it was. Clearly I've been neglecting my leg workouts (this is a note to self really).

So, planning on a run today after work. Mileage is TBD. I'm just hoping my legs don't disown me at this point.

Fun Facts Friday - Hugs
Now...Fun Facts Firday...

I'm not a random hugger. I'm not opposed to hugs mind you. I typically have a fairly large personal space though and reserve my hugs just a bit. I am getting more open with hugging though. Like hugging people I meet for the first time in person (but I already feel I know them so I don't know how much that counts).

Anyway, where does this come from? Yesterday I mentioned to my oldest and dearest friends that I needed one of her special hugs. She can fix anything with a hug I swear. Well, ok, maybe not fix it but she sure can make me feel better with one.

That got me to thinking (shocker right?) about hugging, the types of hugs, what they mean, that sort of thing. So here are hugs from my point of view:

Source: saifou.com via Samantha on Pinterest

Sister hugs - Pretty much the end all be all for me. My sister and I will just hug, hug so so tight and it's our "Sissy Hug." We can say volumes with this hug.

Husband hugs - Well, it's hard to beat that one either. It's the enveloping, pure love kind of hug. That hug that makes you know everything will be ok.

Friend hugs - These hugs are like smiles. You hug your friends when you see them and then before you leave.

Healing hugs - This is the type of hug I mentioned earlier - this is the hug my dearest friend gives. Her smile is that way too. I think it's a special person who delivers this type of hug.

Parent hugs - My mom is a big time hugger. But she means it. And she hugs tight, reminding me of her comfort as a child. My dad isn't a big hugger at all, so his hugs are special in that they are reserved for only a select few.

Are you a hugger? Do you reserve yours or do you share freely?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.