Skip to main content

Fun Facts Friday - Lessons Learned From Being Home

I almost went another route with Fun Facts Friday, but since I've been working from home and put on exercise sabaticle, I thought I'd share some random things I've learned since discovering I have this blood clot.

Though, I did finally get to go for a walk yesterday - 1.5 miles. I am so glad we have mild weather. It was sunny, about 54 degrees. Definitely cooler for walking vs running, but I was happy to be moving at least.

So, here are some things I've learned from being idle, from working at home, and being able to do no more than go for a walk.

  • I have more patience than I ever realized
  • I have never been more thankful to be able to work than I am now - I can't imagine not having work to do and being stuck home
  • Walking takes way longer than I expected 
  • I love waking up, brushing teeth, putting in contacts and simply walking downstairs to start work
  • I actually felt more vulnerable walking vs running
  • People tend to look at you a little funnier when you're walking in the road vs. running in the road
  • Sidewalks aren't nearly as dangerous when you're walking
  • You don't warm up quite the same walking as with running
  • Walking is not calming to me like running is
  • Fresh air and sunshine should never be taken for granted
  • I miss lifting weights
  • I am someone who does really well working from home
  • I do have to remind myself to change my yoga pants/tops/and warm fuzzy socks
  • Heath snores more than I realized and Maddie likes to bark randomly most likely to scare the crap out of me and wake up the snoring Heath
  • I think it's good to get fixed up or you feel like you're sick, off work, or just being lazy
  • I have no idea how people willingly choose to be idle - I understand if you can't, but if you are capable of moving....why sit? 

  • Daytime tv kind of sucks - even my beloved Food Network and HGTV channels are old old old
  • Watching too much Food Network makes you do crazy things like make cupcakes from scratch even if you don't eat them
What are some lessons you've learned from a prolonged illness, being idle, working from home, or starting over with exercise?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.