Skip to main content

Tasty Tuesday - Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta

Surprise surprise, I have another new recipe just in time for Tasty Tuesday. As I mentioned yesterday, I spent a good deal of time in the kitchen on Sunday prepping food for the week. I made spaghetti sauce and tofu ricotta specifically for this dish - as well as more ciabatta bread.

This dish is both vegan and gluten-free, but full of flavor and protein. In other words, it sounds light, but it's still hearty and filling. 

Zucchini Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta
Ingredients:
3-4 zucchini (depending on size) cut into thin lengthwise strips
1 recipe for tofu ricotta (see below)
1 jar spaghetti sauce of your choice (I used a homemade)
Baby spinach
Daiya Vegan Mozzarella

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Add a small amount of sauce to the bottom of a glass baking dish. Add in a layer of the zucchini. Top with spinach, then add a sprinkle of the tofu ricotta. Top with sauce. Repeat finishing with Daiya Mozzarella.

Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes then remove cover. Increase the temperature to 425 degrees and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes depending on the moisture level. (Cooking at the higher temperature, uncovered will help remove excess moisture and allow the dish to firm up better.)

Tofu Ricotta
Ingredients:
1 package extra firm tofu, patted dry
2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or to taste)
To taste: salt, onion powder, parsley

Directions:
Crumble tofu into a bowl then add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.

The ingredients
First layer

Spinach and tofu ricotta

Sauce

Lots of tasty Daiya

Like I mentioned, this dish is heartier than it might sound. It's also easy to put together, even if you hadn't pre-prepped everything. Yes, it does take a while to actually bake, but that was perfect for me because I used that time to study. 

Not a bad Monday night meal if you ask me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.