Skip to main content

Just Livin' and Way to Go Wednesday

Just Livin'
Well, I guess it's kind of a low-key week so far. Been doing a lot of studying for my ISSA Personal Trainer Certification. Getting in my workouts.

I got in a super chilly, 6-mile run with my friend Tuesday morning. I thought it was spring, and I thought I lived in the South. But, it was a brisk 23-degree windchill kind of morning. Oh, and dark. Gotta love that it's pitch-black again at 6 am...or not.

I will say, I won't complain too much because I know that summer will hit in full force before we know it. We rarely have a transition period to adjust. One day it's 40 then the next day it's 80 and it just goes up from there.

I've had lots of people continue to ask about Heath. So far he's doing much better. He was even trying to play ball last night. But the vet did say that there's really no follow-up or anything that can be done other than maintenance with new food for liver "health." Eventually, he will succumb to this disease.

Part of me wants to take it farther, go for a second opinion. I can't stand the though of losing this sweet boy. So much of what I've read said to remove the gallbladder. Of course, that came with it's own set of complications. But our vet has never really even brought that up.

What's even worse is that he went from being (seemingly) fine to in the vet hospital within a day's time, how will we really know if he's starting to get sick again? That's worrisome to say the least.

I guess Maddie thinks Heath is better, though, as she's back to her old antics again. For the first few days he was home, she was actually rather calm. And for her, that's still up a few notches. Kind of scary really ;-)

Way to Go Wednesday  
Lots of running accomplishments this week to share for Way to Go Wednesday. As always, I definitely want to hear your shout outs too!

Regina at Life's Run for a PR at the Azalea Trail Run 10K, and for getting out of comfort zones racing out of her city AND state.

Pavement Runner does it again with a sub-4 Marathon!

Bonnie at Life to the Full for a great half marathon (and possibly catching the racing bug).

Mindy at Road Runner Girl also did the Azalea Trail Run and used her super powers to beat last year's time.

Liana at Run to Munch for a PR and 2nd place female in a recent 10K.

Comments

  1. Hugs to you and Heath. It's so tough!

    Congrats and high fives for awesome accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.