Skip to main content

More XTrain Workouts

Rocking the XTrain
Monday hit me hard today. Not only was it just flat out Monday, we lost an hour as well. Talk about a double whammy. At least it was sunny again today though. That's always a plus, especially after Sunday was a wash out - as in, you needed a boat to get anywhere.

No running still, so that meant indoor workouts. Which really translates to an XTrain Weekend courtesy of Cathe Friedrich.

Saturday I went with Cardio Legs. I really enjoyed the workout (as much as you can enjoy being tortured mind you). She includes a plyo style exercise then follows that up with a weighted leg exercise. Definitely keeps your heart rate high.

It's definitely not a heavy leg workout, but since I can't do that right now, this works really well. It's one of those workouts that's kind of deceiving too. You know it's tough, but you are going non-stop and don't have time to really think about the aftermath. The aftermath is having to hang onto the railing when going downstairs.

Sunday I decided to go with Cathe's Biceps/Triceps/Abs from the new XTrain Series. I also tried out the first half of the All Out Low Impact HIIT DVD since I hadn't been able to try that one yet. The first half doesn't require the step and is about 18 minutes long. My foot is bothering me too much to attempt any jumping on the step, and my legs were too sore from Saturday's workout as well. In other words, don't do this workout the day after you do the Cardio Legs ;-)

Time with Friends
Saturday's weather ended up being absolutely perfect. I won't lie, I was kind of getting down about not being able to get out and run. But, I reminded myself that running in 75 degrees after recent 30 degree temps would have meant I would have been complaining about melting!

Luckily, I still got to enjoy the great weather. Our friends had people over for crawfish (clearly not my reason for going). We got to spend the rest of the afternoon sitting out on their deck. I'd say that's a pretty good way to spend a day.

Then as pretty as Saturday was, Sunday was the opposite. It was crazy windy and pouring rain. Luckily the temps hovered around 55, so it could have been much worse. But it certainly wasn't motivating.

I did manage to get a lot done around the house, including studying. I enjoyed a long, leisurely lunch with my bestie too - and we scored a table by the fireplace where we had gone to eat. Jason was nice enough to do the grocery shopping for me while I had lunch.

Then I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen prepping food for the week. I'm definitely getting into a better habit of this, and it makes such a difference during the week. I feel like I've given myself time back each evening since most of the cooking is done.

So basically, it was a weekend of some sweaty workouts, time with friends, and a bit of productivity. All about trying to find that balance right?

How was your weekend? Sunshine or rain?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love in Photos

In honor of Valentine's Day - Love in Photos Husband Family and Furbabies Friends Even if you're not a fan of Valentine's Day - I hope you have a wonderful day and remember the loves in your life.

I Run to Feel Alive

Today is National Running Day . Guess what I did this morning? Cycling? Nope. Lifting? Nope. I bet you thought kickboxing right? Nope. Running? But of course! I actually sort of planned my running days this week just so I could participate this year. I didn't get to run last year and didn't even know about it the year before. But running has become such an integral part of my life and who I am, that I couldn't miss this year. Basically, I run to feel alive . It calms me, it helps me work through life, it's often a reason to get out of bed. No matter how tough a run is, it makes you feel ... period. My plan was to get in 5 miles (got in 5.5 actually). It was about 10 degrees warmer this morning and definitely more humid. That always makes for a tougher run. We decided to take a different route today. Well, it was really only a few streets over different, but still. The point is we took a different street. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. I did realize th

Vacation Day 2 - Running, Reading, Relaxing

Running This morning I woke up a bit before 7 am. Of course, we had gone to sleep by 9....on vacation no less. I had thought I might try for an outdoor run, but the temps were already a humid 83 degrees by 8 am. So, I took my run to the treadmill. I had the Food Network to keep me occupied for a pretty decent 5 mile run. Running and watching tv isn't so bad ;-) I did 3 miles, then 4 1:00 athletic intervals then finished up another mile to round it out to and even 5. After stretching and rolling (yep, brought my TriggerPoint kit ), we packed up the cooler with lunch and headed down to the beach. Not a bad way to start the day if you ask me. Beach Time & Stair Cardio We set up our little umbrella camp and proceeded to just relax. I was excited to start one of the books I brought along with me: Alice Sebold's The Almost Moon . I've read her memoir, Lucky , and her first work of fiction, The Lovely Bones . . We were out for a few hours before taking a break.